Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Applique


I have many techniques to learn, but that's what excites me about quilting. I'm not sure that I could ever feel complacent. I am amazed at the ideas others come up with. Each new style of quilting adds to my joy of accomplishment, and total awe of others.

I've started a very basic quilt for my little girl. I made-up a simple pattern, consisting of Fat Quarters and larger blocks of fabric. I plan to add embellishment this quilt by adding applique flowers and butterflies. To start out I found this website "Sew Momma Sew" . I thought it to be very helpful with tutorials.


This is a picture of her applique lesson.

I also love that it has great free patterns and covers over lapping appliques in lesson 2.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Commenting!