Thursday, February 2, 2012

Tucson AZ Gem and Mineral Show

It is sad to say it,  but I have never been to the Tucson Gem and Mineral show. I never knew much about it. But yesterday and friend brought me out of my obscurity and took me to the gem show. I am still a novice in understanding it facets, I guess there are different areas set up around town, some that cost money to enter, some you can't bring kids, but the one I went to was free. It was more like a local bazaar than a gem show. It was set up in the parking lot of the Kino Sports complex and said they would be there through the 12th of Feb. We saw a lot of neat handmade wood working and home decor. There were really neat carved furniture and beautiful paintings.

My friend had mostly gone to get the jewelry. It was very inexpensive but well made, and I found several pieces that I liked very much. They had most of the bracelets and necklaces 1/2 off and all of their sterling silver too. The most expensive piece that I liked was thirteen dollars. I did find this bracelet that I really like for $4.00, I thought it was a bargain!




Tell me if you decide to go, I would want to catch a ride and go again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Commenting!