Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Miserable vs. Rewarding


Last night I sat down to start the first few stitches of my quilt and discovered that I had lost my thimble! A thimble is very important piece of equipment for quilting and I just could not start without one. My loving husband, floored that I did not have a spare, jokingly asked if he could make me one out of Duck Tape. His face registered surprise when I immediately took him up on the offer. He had me run and find a button to give it some strength in the end and set to work. It worked great! I went through a couple of them, and each new one got better and better. I really was amazed, the duck tape thimble worked well and was really comfortable. See how resourceful you can get when you really want to quilt!






3 comments:

  1. I like the home-made thimble...hopefuly we find yours?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so funny! Can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You CAN make anything out of duck tape! Great job Aric!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Commenting!